WHERE THE FUCK IS MILA'S NOMINATION
I'M NOT SEEING IT ANYWHERE AND THIS IS MAKING ME ANGRY
are James Franco and Anne Hathaway (aka the new Catwoman, I don't know how to feel about that, Christie let me see you in a leather outfit some time then we'll talk) going to suck as hosts? is it going to make you feel as awkward as watching Ricky Gervais? because that was like a car skidding off the side of the highway and you are like "oh stop car please!" but then BOOM
so let's just do this:
- The Fighter
- The Kids Are All Right
- The King's Speech
- 127 Hours
- The Social Network
- Toy Story 3
- True Grit
- Winter's Bone
- The Social Network
what will probably win: The Social Network because Facebook obviously owns the world. but I could see the King's Speech or Inception making a go for it. props to Toy Story 3 and what is Winter Bone? I'm glad neither Kathie Lee Gifford or Hoda Kotb know either. I feel comforted.
- Annette Bening, The Kids Are All Right
- Nicole Kidman, Rabbit Hole
- Jennifer Lawrence, Winter's Bone
- Natalie Portman, Black Swan
- Michelle Williams, Blue Valentine
what will probably win: NATALIE PORTMAN. SHE DESERVES IT. but Annette could be a BLACK SWAN/HORSE. um, Michelle Williams was in a NC-17 rated film? lol Nicole Kidman.
- Javier Bardem, Biutiful
- Jeff Bridges, True Grit
- Jesse Eisenberg, The Social Network
- Colin Firth, The King's Speech
- James Franco, 127 Hours
what will probably win: Colin Firth! his Golden Globes speech was so sweet I don't care if I even end up hating that movie I hope he wins! HE'S ALWAYS MY MR. DARCY
but I have to say, Jeff Bridges was amazing in True Grit.
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESSES
- Amy Adams, The Fighter
- Helena Bonham Carter, The King's Speech
- Melissa Leo, The Fighter
- Hailee Steinfeld, True Grit
- Jacki Weaver, Animal Kingdom
what will probably win: WHERE IS MILA? I think this comes down to Helena or Hailee, who is going places, my god that girl can act. Kristen Stewart, please call her and get some acting lessons you need them. Amy Adams might have a good shot, as Melissa Leo. AND WHAT IS ANIMAL KINGDOM ISN'T THAT A TV SHOW WITH "MUTUAL OF OMAHA"
BEST SUPPORTING ACTORS
- Christian Bale, The Fighter
- John Hawkes, Winter's Bone
- Jeremy Renner, The Town
- Mark Ruffalo, The Kids Are All Right
- Geoffrey Rush, The King's Speech
what will probably win: Christian Bale or Geoffrey Rush. would not rule out Mark Ruffalo, weirdly.
Mark Ruffalo. huh. wtf?
- Black Swan, Darren Aronofsky
- The Fighter, David. O. Russell
- The King's Speech, Tom Hooper
- The Social Network, David Fincher
- True Grit, Joel Coen and Ethan Coen
what will probably win: I HAVE NO CLUE. I am pulling for Darren though!
I'm still pissed about Mila and Winona, but I suppose time heals most wounds. I THINK WE SHOULD DO A POOL OR I THINK MY OTHER CONTRIBUTORS SHOULD ALSO WAX ON THIS SUBJECT, AND DISCUSS THINGS SUCH AS WHERE IS ECLIPSE IN THE NOMINATIONS?
we have until the end of February. get on it, Helena!
question: will Anne and James suck? I DON'T KNOW :(