Hi all. I've been in a creative slump lately, so forgive me for my silence. I may have broken my brain. However, the Golden Globes have become my favorite awards show over the years....so I can't NOT post about them. Plus, Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are hosting them in 2013. That must be in the Bible, somewhere.
So here are the nominations that just came out and my profound, half-awake thoughts on them:
- I like how "The Dark Knight" was snubbed from nearly everything. I read this might have something to do with the Aurora shooting. That's horrible, but could be the case.
- I like how Anne Hathaway is still existing. You go girl!
- Who gives a shit about "Argo?" Or "Lincoln?" Why are you people all acting like "Lincoln" is groundbreaking WE ALL KNOW HOW IT ENDS
- Who is Jessica Chastain? I keep forgetting who she is.
- What a year for Jennifer Lawrence! Perhaps "Silver Linings Playbook" is only bearable for her. Thanks, Bret Easton Ellis!
- "Rust and Bone" got nominated for foreign selection and Marion also received a nod. I don't actually think she'll win the award, but it's obvious "Rust and Bone" WILL win something.
- ahaha poor "Anna Karenina." "Hi! We got snubbed in every category BUT score. Someone call Keira!"
- seriously: why is Ben Affleck still relevant?
- Ben, don't take that the wrong way. I love you and Jennifer Garner.
- Is it just me or are the nominees soooooooooooo boring this year? Gosh, maybe Maggie Smith will have a wardrobe malfunction or something.
- Christoph Waltz got nominated again. Surprise, surprise!
- "Life of Pi" and "Hobbit." Two books I hated adapted into movies this year. To quote "Heathers" on these films in general: "fuck me gently with a chainsaw, do I look like Mother Teresa to you?"
- in the New York Times piece I link to, there's a big old typo. FYI. We're human. It happens. Unless the New York Times is staffed by microwaves with souls...
Okay I'm done. I hereby declare the TV winners of the Golden Globes ahead of time, because no one cares:
Anything on AMC
the last season of "30 Rock."
Think about it!
p.s. this was a lot longer, but blogger ate my post. see the nominees here.