Arguably the best and most expensive music festival there is, that I will ONE GLORIOUS DAY attend, Coachella, is this weekend in California. Acts playing this year: Beach House, MGMT (who I am so over!), The Cribs (or wait, stupid volcano), Jay-Z, LCD Soundsystem, Them Crooked Vultures, Grizzly Bear, Vampire Weekend, Gorillaz, Thom Yorke, Hockey, Pavement, Muse, Tiesto, Spoon, Hadouken! (I love that name), Mew, Sia, Dirty Projectors....I could go on but it will just make you sad. One year, one year. Maybe next year? We will play it by ear.
I have been bad at updating and there are two things I MUST write about in the future. So I will try this weekend. Right now, it's 6 am. be gentle with me plz. I'm looking for a job and I'm graduating in less than a month.
Yung Loc is playing Edinboro next Friday. yup.
Music news you should be aware of:
- She & Him have probably the best album of the year JUST SAYING
- Hole put out a new album?
- Kate Nash has a new album out too but like- I rather listen to Regina Spektor and by that I mean give me Fiona Apple k thanks. although Kate Nash's first new song off the album was not entirely bad.
- LCD Soundsystem is everywhere. asshole!
- or, as my girl Ke$ha might say: a$$hole.
- I really like her, you know. I find it hard not to be in an upbeat mood when she's on. She brings out my fourteen-year-old slut like no one else.
- SLEIGH BELLS ARE/IS AMAZING
- Broken Bells (guy from the Shins + Danger Mouse) are not bad either!
- And Local Native? AMAZING CRAP
At Gannon, coming up, we have Jason Derulo (the guy that butchered that Imogen Heap song), The Maine, We the Kings and a band I went to high school with (hey Connor!) called The Romantic Era. that's this coming Wednesday, I believe? And Billy Collins is speaking at Gannon on Tuesday. just saying.
"Kick Ass" is the first Nicolas Cage film in probably two decades that looks good. a little girl calls someone a cunt in it. hahaha I'M SO THERE